The Burren Heart is the perfect challenge if you can already cycle a 60km/70km spin comfortably.
The Burren Heart passes breathtaking unique scenery of the Burren and will provide a few challenges along the way.
- Route Distance: 100km
- Total Climbing: 869m
- Starting Time: 10am
- Click here to view route on Strava
- Click here to view route on Map my Ride
- Registration takes place in the registration tent in the Green Field across from O’ Lochlainn’s Bar, Ballyvaughan
- Registration open Friday 18th June, 2021 from 4pm until 9pm, Saturday 19th June, 2021 from 7am
- Event gift is a Tour de Burren fleece beanie hat
- Leave Ballyvaughan on the Galway road and cycle the famous Flaggy Shore, over a causeway and taking in the road which when stormy disappears into the sea
- Up the new line as straight as a new line and turn right at Boston Cross passing Fr Teds House on the way to cheese cake and apple tart!! – (47 km done)
- You will be joined by the 130km route from here and pass Lemanagh Castle, into Kilfenora, turn right for Lisdoonvara and following the route signs home by Fanore and Black Head (Coast Rd)
- 99km done and a 99 ice cream reward – what a day!!! Spectacular views, great food, good banter, here’s hoping for the sun to shine…
- All day cycles close at 6PM