A challenging yet breathtaking cycle through the stunning Burren landscape.
- Route Distance 130km
- Click here to view the route on Strava
- Click here to view the route on Map my Ride
- Starting Time: 9am
- Registration takes place in the Registration Tent in the Green Field across from O’ Lochlainn’s Bar, Ballyvaughan
- Registration opens Friday 18th June, 2021 from 4pm until 9pm, Saturday 19th June, 2021 from 7am
- Event gift is a Tour de Burren fleece beanie hat
- This year’s 130km route may not be the most mountainous route we have had but the views are iconic and you will certainly be impressed by them.
- Upon departure we will head out the Galway Road keeping left in New Quay we will take in the famous Flaggy Shore which includes a causeway and close up roads to the sea!!!
- After this up the new line, we turn left taking in the flattest land of the Burren to the outskirts of Gort, right at Supervalu and along the old Galway to Limerick road (now a pleasure to cycle since the opening of the motorway)
- Turing right before Crusheen we head down through Tubber and turning left at Boston cross we pass by Fr Ted’s House to the food stop at Kilnaboy Community Centre (72 km done) where the usual goodies await
- After this we head for Lemanagh Castle, turn right in Kilfenora to Lisdoonvarna and following the route signs we head back the coast road to Ballyvaughan where a welcome ice cream can be devoured and even a second one if required!!
- Not a lot of climbing but a lot of rolling roads with all the spectacular views, you will certainly know that you have experienced the Burren for real!!!!!
- All Day Cycles close at 6PM